Bradford Snell's point in his submission to congress was that the US
government paid reparations to GM after the war.  (I recall the figure
$24M.)  He also detailed the managerial links between the home office
and the militarized branch plants in Nazi-held territory.  His new book
is scheduled to come out shortly, and it will be interesting to see what
he has come up with.

Peter Dorman