Ken,
     "Always" is way too long.  I think the term
"libertarian" did not exist prior to the late 1950s, being
the invention of right-wing anarhist types who were upset
that "liberal" in English had lost its old libertarian
meaning in the English-speaking countries.  Anarchist is
the old term, and were originally mostly of the left-wing
variety, although today they are at least as likely to be
right-wing libertarians.
Barkley Rosser

--
Rosser Jr, John Barkley