Charles, When time allows I will deal with your questions below.
But please do not send truncated passages of mine to Frank, or even
full
postings, as I am writing to pen-l at this point. THe passage you
send him of mine is extremely misleading for someone who has not
followed the argument; I mean it looks like I am the one making
the claim that E's high wages was the other factor giving E a chance
to overcome it s marginal position in the world economy. What can
Frank say to this except "read the book"! - expeciallly when you send
your own criticisms while acknowledging you have not read the book.
Don't take me wrong, your undeveloped criticisms are on the right
track, but as you will see later, Frank does deal with them,
but inadequately as I hope to show.

ricardo