Henry,
     Every present value formula actually goes to infinity,
although often the entries are zeroes after some finite
point in time.  However, I would remind that in the heyday
of pompous capitalism in Victorian England, they used to
issue infinitely lived consols.
Barkley Rosser

--
Rosser Jr, John Barkley