We at the Econ Department at the University of Utah have
been taking turns, sometimes hiring neoclassical economists
or econometricians, and sometimes radicals.  Whenever a
mainstream position has to be filled, the hiring committee
works very hard to get someone congenial with the heterodox
tradition of the department.  The last position was an
applied micro, and we lucked out, we hired an excellent very
broad minded game theoretician, Michael Suk-Young Chwe.  Our
problem *and* opportunity is that the salaries are so
miserably low that you must love the Department and its
culture to be here.  We can also only fund 4 graduate
students each year, but we get some quite radical ones.
Unfortunately the Department is slowly being starved out.
We have a bunch of old radicals from the Vietnam War area,
and the big test will be what happens when they retire in 10
years or so.

Hans Ehrbar.

--
Hans G. Ehrbar   http://www.econ.utah.edu/ehrbar   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Economics Department, University of Utah     (801) 581 7797 (my office)