We have a job opening.  The field is environment or natural
resources.  Strong Quant types in other fields will also get
consideration.  The department is not heterodox  but will
consider heterodox candidates.  We already have one heterodox
environmental person on staff.  I'd be willing to answer any
questions potential applicants might have.

Terry McDonough

National University of Ireland
 Galway

Junior Lectureship in Economics

The Department of Economics wishes to invite applications for
 the above permanent, fulltime post. Although applications are
invited from all areas of the discipline, the Department would like
to attract candidates with good quantitative skills and a research
interest in Environment or Natural Resource Economics.

Applicants should have a postgraduate degree in economics
 (a Ph.D. is considered desirable), have good communication skills
and demonstrated research capacity.

Application Forms and particulars can be obtained from the
 Personnel Office, National University of Ireland, Galway. Closing
date for receipt of applications is May 28, 1999. Further information
on the post and the Department of Economics may be obtained from
Professor Michael Cuddy: Tel.: 353-91-750324; Fax: 35 91-524130;
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or from the Department of
Economics Web Page at: www.nuigalway.ie/ecn