I am working by memory, but her work said that the U.S. encouraged Yugoslavia to
follow through with a self-management as a means of further differentiating itself
from the Soviet Union, worried that the two countries might develop a rapprochement.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321