The headlines of today's local paper  (Portland Press Herald) read "A
Simple, Solemn farewell"  The article describes how  Kennedy "Family
members watched from the deck of a Navy destroyer as a brass quintet played
a hymn...The flag was lowered to half mask as ...mourners....flanked by
sailors in dress whites gathered on the stern of the USS Briscoe...A Navy
honor guard was also on hand to fire a rifle volley...The service was
conducted in private...amid orders that planes keep five miles away. Boats
were allowed no closer than a mile."

    As I read this  I could not keep my mind from straying to the 17 Iraqi
civilians killed by US Bombers last Sunday, and trying to picture  just
what kind of funeral they had, and what would be the fate of their family
members

Frank