Ajit Sinha wrote:

> __________________What kind of a rotten arguments you are producing Sam? Do you
> think a newly born child has an understanding of what x is? Has a consciousness
> of his/her rights and obligations? There are many even adults who do not have
> such consciousness due to many reasons. Are you proposing that all these people
> should be treated as vegetables?

OK, but the idea is that someone should at least know what life is in
order to respect others right to life.  Even young infants and severely
retarded people  distinguish between life and death though there are
exceptions like Rickey Ray Rector. Certainly we would want the
exceptions to have the same rights.
  There must be some criterion for assigning rights (if one is to assign
rights at all) or else cars and trees would have rights.

Sam Pawlett