> My own view is that this problem is (partly) due to the
> fact that the gay men who control the fashion are not interested in
> real women but prefer them to look asexual or androgynous.

Oh yeah, all my straight male students barf when I mention Tyra Banks. But
now I see it:  they're all dupes of an evil cabal of queer taste mavens led
by the late Gianni Versaci--who undoubtedly controls their urges by way of
media synergies forged with David Geffen. If only they could see the real
women beyond the fashion industry, not prey to the fairy schemes of cultural
decline-- women like Anna Kournikova.

This was all covered in the _Narcissus_ chapter of _Dialectic of
Enlightenment_, right?

Ugh.