The debate on the Falklands/Malvinas is troubling.  I thought the the outcome
meant that Thatcher triumphed politically, while the junta had to face political
defeat, eventually.

As to rights, such matters are troubling.  I live on property stolen from the
Mexicans who stole it from the Native Americans.  While I recognize past
injustices, I would not be happy to see either group reclaim their land.  Africa
still suffers enormously from the problems caused by imperialist borders, but
how could you rectify the past mistakes today?
--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321