[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Can't we dismiss all these questions about induction and epistemology and
 ontology in a pragmatic way, i.e., say that our doubts and skepticism are
 really irrelevant if they don't act as a guide to practice? >>

Thus Rorty. Sure, I said as much to Nicole. I was, after all, a student of
Rorty's. But the questions keep coming back. Rorty himself cannot just escape
them, or won't. If we were really staisfaied with this sort of pragmatic
answer, we wouldn't care about the issues. But we do, or many of us do,
including, whatever he says, good ol' Dick Rorty. --jks