Michael Perelman wrote:

> How could a decent Democratic candidate not win with the economy going
> relatively well and no big international problems against such an inept
> rival?

The left simply has to wean itself from *any* attraction to the Democratic
Party. I wouldn't vote for myself on a Democratic Party list. Or Wellstone.
I didn't vote for McGovern in '72. I didn't vote for Humphrey in '68. I
didn't know any better from 1952 through 1964 so those votes for Stevenson,
Kennedy, and Johnson (all war criminals) don't count. We need some
consistency in the left on accepting nothing less than a mass social
movement. Anything less is just playpen politics that affects nothing.

Carrol