- forwarded message. For more information contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] -

Announcing the International Gender and Trade Network

The International Gender and Trade Network is made up of seven regional
networks (Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, North America, and
Pacific) of gender advocates involved in research, advocacy and economic
literacy around issues of trade and development.

Each region operates autonomously with its own regional coordinator, and
economic literacy and research focal points.  But we all share common goals
of identifying trade's impact on women and a women's agenda relative to
trade and investment that will foster greater economic justice and security
for women, families and communities globally. Our work on these issues is
facilitated through the coordinating role of overall research and economic
literacy coordinators who work with the Secretariat to ensure global and
intra-regional comparative dynamics.

Currently, the regions are following particular trade negotiations, such as
Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA) (ALCA for LA) and Cotonou (the new
agreement between the European Union and the ACP -African, Caribbean and
Pacific - countries) and ongoing WTO negotiations. Periodic updates on
regional actions as well as the status of ongoing negotiations are available
on our web site. Each region is also undertaking specific research projects,
focusing on critical questions concerning gender and trade in that region.

To learn more about the International Gender and Trade Network, including
how to get involved go to our homepage at: www.genderandtrade.net
<http://www.genderandtrade.net>.  To receive weekly updates by email on the
work of the Network email [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
and request to be added to the "genderandtrade" list-serve.