Brad, that 3 percent of the vote was enough to sink the Gore campaign is a
sad commentary on what the Democrats had to offer.  With regard to voting for
Nader at no cost to Gore, Nader voters in California certainly had no effect
and knew it before hand.

With regard to the dimes worth of difference, a lot of posts have already
mentioned the dreary instances in which Clinton and Gore governed like
Republicans.  I am appalled by what Bush is doing, but probably I would be
equally angered by the way the Democrats governed, because I would think that
I had the right to expect more from them.

Really, Brad, this thread is going nowhere.  Everybody knows what you think.
You are not convincing anyone and none of us are going to convince you.

I wrote:

>  The rationale
> >for supporting Nader seemed to be an effort to stop the rightward drift.

Brad responded

--

Michael Perelman
Economics Department