Re:

>"As if he were a school marm correcting wayward children"

Michael. Look what I'm dealing with here:

>... repeated smart-ass intrusions... deigns... self-delusion
>...confirmation of prejudice... disciplinary
>culture of condescension... "brilliant" economist... disgusting
>Schleifer... countries about which he knows very little
>...red-baiting ...preposterous assertions ... produce to order
>analyses "showing" public bad, private good ...how it can enrich me
>personally ...criminal enterprise...

You don't enforce the minimal--minimal!--requirements of politeness
required for any functioning discourse community that wants to be
anything more than an echo chamber for its dominant tendency. That
leaves me with a problem. How do you suggest that I deal with it?

Brad DeLong