Here is issue # 3 of the "Climate Equity Observer" (CEO), the product of
a new USA NGO focused on bringing the discussion of climate equity to
the fore in discussion in the USA of global warming.

    Disclosure:  I am on the organizing board of this organization and
was asked to post this to PEN-L.

Gene Coyle

Friends;

Forgive the awkward timing - just before the Bonn meeting - but
here is the new issue of Climate Equity Observer.  We think you
will find it worth a glance.  And note that we are evolving our
homepage, www.ecoequity.org, into a climate equity portal.

Much more to add, of course...

-- toma

******

    Raise a Glass to Kyoto
    http://www.ecoequity.org/ceo/ceo_3_1.htm

       Kyoto was never more than a first step, but what a first step
       it has turned out to be! Whatever happens now, the battle over
       Kyoto has changed the politics of the post-Cold War world.
       And not a moment too soon.

    The Pew Climate Equity Conference
    http://www.ecoequity.org/ceo/ceo_3_2.htm

      Back in April, Pew hosted a Washington conference on Climate
      Equity. The air was ringing with Bush's rejection of Kyoto,
      but the topic was still equity, and if you paid attention and
      closed your eyes, you could almost see the shape of things
      to come.

    Who Owns the Sky?
    http://www.ecoequity.org/ceo/ceo_3_3.htm

       A new book, Who Owns the Sky? sets out to make a case for a US
       "Sky Trust" as a fair but realistic way of managing a transition
       away from carbon-based fuels. It's an important proposal, and it
       helps put the neglected issue of domestic equity on the agenda.
       And it actually makes sense.

    The EcoEquity Interview: Wolfgang Sachs
    http://www.ecoequity.org/ceo/ceo_3_4.htm

       Wolfgang Sachs, editor of The Development Dictionary, co-author
       of Greening the North, and recently a co-author of the first
       chapter of the Third Assessment Report's Working Group 3 report
       on mitigation (which contains the TAR's most explicit discussion
       of equity) gave us time for a long and sometimes surprising
       interview.

    Lies and Economic Models
    http://www.ecoequity.org/ceo/ceo_3_5.htm

       Are you still quoting Department of Energy economists? If so,
       there are some important new studies you should quote instead.