I don't think this is all for buying bonds, but Saturday's Globe and Mail
reports a $US 82.5 billion "infusion of short term cash" into the US
financial system by the Fed on Friday, for a total of $188 billion since
Wednesday. An economist with J.P. Morgan Canada is quoted as estimating the
addition of funds this week by the Fed was 20 times the normal amount.

Bill Burgess