At 11:45 AM 10/2/01 +0300, you wrote:

>Spy Story
>
>Private Eye, No. 1037
>
>21 September - 4 October 2001

Michael, shouldn't it be basic that we should distrust all of the bourgeois
media -- not just the GUARDIAN -- because they have clear bourgeois biases,
including favoring the national security state, etc.? Even though the New
York TIMES doesn't seem to be connected with the CIA, I am very careful
with what I believe in their stories.

BTW, traditionally the CIA was the "liberal" spy agency in the US (compared
to the FBI). Its agents were sophisticated Ivy League types who hobnobbed
with (and corrupted) liberals, social democrats, and laborites. The CIA
traditionally embraced a more long-term and "enlightened" perspective than
the FBI. Is the MI5 the same way? If so, one can learn something from them
(and their allies in the media) while being extremely careful not to
believe everything they say.

BTW2, what is PRIVATE EYE's connection with the intelligence goons?

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine

NTMail K12 - the Mail Server for Education