Comment from Rudy Fichtenbaum:

I just skimmed over the article outlining Stigliz and Krugman's
critiques.  Considering the fact that they are not Marxists I think
their criticisms are pretty significant.  I think that on one level it
is probably worth supporting them because people will actually listen to
what Stigliz has to say since he is a nobel prize winner.  This gives us
an opportunity to influence a lot of people including a number of
mainstream economists.  This doesn't mean we should accept their
analysis uncritically.  Where it is appropriate we can debate and
criticise but at the same time support the statements that they make
that we agree with.