Rakesh Bhandari wrote:

>An old nemesis who runs marxmail.org was kind enough to send this to
>me this morning:
>
>http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/27/opinion/27BRAI.html

For no reason other than to stir up trouble, I presume.

>Doug and Liza, have USAS said anything about all this yet? It's not
>a cynical question.

I have no idea, and I just asked Liza, and she doesn't either. In
general, USAS is anti-protectionist, and this has been a source of
tension with their union friends.

Aside from that, don't U.S. textile and apparel workers deserve some
sort of attention? My soundbite is protect the worker, not the job,
but I'd like to hear what you think should happen to disemployed
workers in this sector, who are disproportionally nonwhite and female
and generally rather ill-paid.

Doug