>I don't know whether Rakesh ever answered my question a few weeks
>ago, but do you or Fred or the Matticks generate any reform demands
>based on your style of analyzing cyclical crisis ?

Charles, wage demands, as well as well as the limitations on the
working day,  are usually supported (France's recent policy has to be
scrutinized carefully however) not however because they allow for the
overcoming of crisis the roots of which are not in underconsumption
but because they entail the organization of the working class which
allows the working class to develop the strength to  overthrow  an
objectively disintegrating mode of production.

>   The advantage of Keynesian type reforms is that they propose
>putting money directly into the hands of the working class.

ever heard of military keynesianism?

taxes may take more out of the hands of the working class than the
state puts back in. But this is a very complicated empirical question
which has been taken up by Shaikh and Tonak.

Rakesh