-----Original Message-----
From: Yoshie Furuhashi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 26 February 2002 08:48
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEN-L:23239] Re: Dallas Smythe student

Tom says:

>The anxiety isn't over pleasure and sensuality per se, but over the
>commodification of pleasure and sensuality -- a process that is no doubt so
>far advanced that it becomes hard to conceive of pleasure and sensuality in
>any other terms.

[snip a lot of very good points made by Yoshie]

But more broadly, why all the fuss about "commodification" of pleasure and
sexuality?  Isn't it enough zat zey be pleazant and zexy, without also
demanding that they be politically correct?  And what if commodified
products are actually *nicer* than their non-commodified equivalents?  This
is certainly true of the brewing industry, and quite possibly of many
others.

dd

Email Disclaimer

This communication is for the attention of the
named recipient only and should not be passed
on to any other person. Information relating to
any company or security, is for information
purposes only and should not be interpreted as
a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any security.
The information on which this communication is based
has been obtained from sources we believe to be reliable,
but we do not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.
All expressions of opinion are subject to change
without notice.  All e-mail messages, and associated attachments,
are subject to interception and monitoring for lawful business purposes.