Carrol wrote:
>. Can _anyone_
> read all or even most of the posts that they download each day? I can't
> and won't. And as a result I sometimes can't follow a thread at all
> unless the posters identify who they are quoting.
>
> Carrol

I quoted the Washington Post article that Ian posted. Yes, I can keep track
of such things. For one thing they are organized all under the same thread
name in my e-mail program. If there had been many replies to Ian's posting
of the article, I would have been very specific. But since mine was the only
reply by thread name that I saw, I didn't think it was necessary.

Charles J