Can her talk be put on the webv?

>April 6, 2002
>News Release
>For more information:
>Call John Rowntree, (916) 446-1758
>P.O. Box 160406  Sacramento, CA 95816
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
><www.marxistschool.org>
>

>ROXANNE DUNBAR-ORTIZ TO SPEAK ON INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS AT THE MARXIST
>SCHOOL OF SACRAMENTO
>
>Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz, activist, author and professor, will give a talk
>"International Human Rights" on Thursday, April 18 at 7 p.m. in the Green
>Room at the Sierra 2 Center, 2791 24th Street, Sacramento.
>
>Dunbar-Ortizí talk is part of the Point of View: Challenging Perspectives on
>Current Issues speaker series sponsored by The Marxist School of Sacramento.
>
>Dunbar-Ortiz will focus on how global freedom movements have worked with the
>United Nations to build international human rights law.  She will suggest
>how this work can help U.S. activists challenge U.S. globalization and
>militarization.
>
>Dunbar-Ortiz is a professor of ethnic studies and womenís studies at CSU,
>Hayward. The Great Sioux Nation, Roots of Resistance is one of the many
>books she has written.
>
>This event is free and open to the public.  Donations are welcome.  For more
>information call John Rowntree at (916) 446-1758.
>
>                              ###

Dr. W. Robert Needham
DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada,
N2L 3G1
Tel: 519-888-4567 ext 3949
Home: 519-578-4143
http://arts.uwaterloo.ca/ECON/faculty/needham.html

["We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our
fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run
as causes, and they come back to us as effects." - Herman Melville]

["Fascism should be more properly called corporatism, since it is the
merger of state and corporate power." Benito Mussolini]