Jim, I don't see what you are saying here.  Chile too " ... is a country
with a social system (classes, etc) ..."  So what?  Nebraska has a social
system, classes, etc. -- does that mean the CIA can't depose the governor?
Or that it can?
    The steps unfolding in Venezuala are reminiscent of Chile.  Coups are
supported by outside forces  -- whether it is anchoring a warship off the
harbor or orchestrating various and successive elements -- military, labor,
or however the support is expressed.   Did you think I meant that the CIA
walked in and decided to replace Chavez without a fertile local setting?  I
didn't.

Gene  Coyle