Some hits found via daypop. The Gabriel Garcia Marquez piece
s/b interesting.
Michael Pugliese, hasn't dropped dead yet...hmm.

http://www.daypop.com/search?q=venezuela&search=Search&t=w

http://www.letterneversent.com/
April 13, 2002

Narconews
Narconews has been doing a great job of covering the Chavez coup.
Actually, Narconews is a great resource for information on the
Drug War and on Central South America in general. Definitely
check them out. Here are some good links I've snatched off their
site:

Coup Questions Journalists should be asking
Gunpoint democracy from SFGate.com: Leading the junta is Pedro
Carmona, leader of the nation's business lobby. With no apparent
legal authority, he dismissed the entire Congress and Supreme
Court, abolished the constitution and claimed the right to fire
any elected state or municipal leaders
Narconews: Q & A on "Remote Control Coup" Journalist Jules Siegel
interviews Narco News Publisher Al Giordano
Common Dreams News Center: Coup in Venezuela: An Eyewitness Account
by Gregory Wilpert
EYEWITNESS: THE PLOT WAS WELL PREPARED by Maximilien Averlaiz,
Caracas
Why US tries to overthrow Venezuelan government: Thorn in the
side of new world order By Vincent Browne of the Irish Times

posted by chris at 08:02 PM | talk back (0)

On the flight to Venezuela

Hugo Chávez, who has won a new mandate at the July elections,
has engaged in a series of sweeping reforms since his triumphant
election as president of Venezuela in 1998: Congress has been
dissolved and a new constitution approved. But despite a spectacular
increase in oil revenue, he has failed to remedy serious economic
and social problems, and observers wonder if his current populism
may not degenerate into despotism.

by GABRIEL GARCIA MARQUEZ