Doug wrote,

> I was just citing the convention of the NIPAs. Conceptually, the
> people who make up households have to be the producers and recipients
> of everything, since corps are just legal fictions, no?

It is a fiction that corporations are "quasi-persons." Regardless of that,
corporations are the major sites of surplus generation and decision-making
for what is to be done with the surplus in modern capitalist economies. I
wonder the extent to which the assertion that households have to be
producers/recipients is due to the requirements of methodological
individualism.

eric