>http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/02/opinion/02KRIS.html
>
>The NY Times had an interesting [op]editorial blasting the FBI for not
>arresting the anthrax suspect, who the author seems to think is the guilty
>party.  In the course of the story, the author asks:
>
>Have you examined whether Mr. Z has connections to the biggest anthrax
>outbreak among humans ever recorded, the one that sickened more than
>10,000 black farmers in Zimbabwe in 1978-80? There is evidence that the
>anthrax was released by the white Rhodesian Army fighting against black
>guerrillas, and Mr. Z has claimed that he participated in the white army's
>much-feared Selous Scouts.
>
>I don't recall this incident, but it suggests a US connection.  Any
>comments?

The article was a valiant effort to produce an unconspiracy
theory for the anthrax episode--patriotic motivation plus
bureaucratic FBI fumbling.  Chip Berlet himself could have done
no better.  Totally, pathetically, unconvincing, of course.

Shane Mage

"When we read on a printed page the doctrine of Pythagoras that all
things are made of numbers, it seems mystical, mystifying, even
downright silly.

When we read on a computer screen the doctrine of Pythagoras that all
things are made of numbers, it seems self-evidently true."  (N.
Weiner)