>Plus, JS noted that Argentine beef is "very tasty," a pitch certain to
>appeal to ever-widening US viewers ;-)
>
>Carl

If I run into Stiglitz on the Columbia campus, I might ask him what he
thinks of Cuba, especially in light of his successor James Wolfensohn has
to say: ''Cuba has done a great job on education and health.They have done
a good job, and it does not embarrass me to admit it.''  It is interesting
that both Stiglitz and fellow chastened economist Jeffrey Sachs end up
here. I suspect that being a former gung-ho privatizer and deregulationist
enhances one's career nowadays.