Title: RE: [PEN-L:32672] Re: hunger amid plenty -- in India

I quoted:

Louis writes:
> Must be those pesky neanderthal Marxist reporters at the NY Times
> stirring up trouble again. Don't they know that half of Bombay is using
> cell phones and that a new airport opened up just yesterday in Uttar
> Pradesh?

Maybe, but there's a conservative interpretation, too: if we could simply get rid of politically-motivated interferences with the natural forces of the market, agricultural prices would gravitate downward, so that even the poor could eat.

Jim