I guess that I would say go ahead and measure profit rates, but keep in
mind that they are very noisy indicator.

Doug asked why not include software in the capital stock?  I don't know
the correct answer, but how the measure the software?  Is the retail price
a correct indicator?  Is an antitrust act led to competition for Windows,
lowering the price, would that mean that business would have less capital?