Title: Re: Irradiated Beef in School Lunches
Eric Schlosser, in his FAST FOOD NATION, has one of the best points against irradiation of meat: he quotes someone saying that irradiation simply allows the meat-packers to avoid dealing with the root causes of E. Coli and the like, i.e., the crowded and totally unsanitary conditions of feed-lots.

Jim

One of my students in the last quarter was reading _Fast Food Nation_ and recommended to me that I use excerpts from it for composition classes I teach.  Will do so the next quarter.
--
Yoshie

* Calendar of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>