Joanna wrote:
It only begs the question of reality if you assume reality to be real only insofar as it is immutable. However, if reality is continually changing/flowing, then mathematics might describe the relations that power that change...which wouldn't be the same thing at all as getting everything to stand still.

Joanna

But it only works if "the [mathematical] relations"
themselves are immutable--the immutable part (better, ground)
of "reality."

Shane Mage

"When we read on a printed page the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems mystical, mystifying, even downright silly.

When we read on a computer screen the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems self-evidently true." (N. Weiner)