Max wrote,

>If it's not too obvious, there is now a huge anti-war movement.

There is indeed a huge anti-war movement, but underneath my own personal NO WAR slogan
is a long-standing critique of the cultural
slagheap, political charade and actuarial abyss that has made this war (and the next
one, and the next one...) so necessary for the
ruling pretenders (it would be extravagent to call that gaggle of snake-oil Bonapartes
a "class").

What we are seeing is analogous to a bankrupt who embezzles to cover-up the bankruptcy
and then burns down the warehouse to cover-up
the embezzlement. Next the bankrupt/embezzler/arsonist expects to collect on an
insurance policy whose premiums were paid with
counterfeit bills.

A military victory for the U.S. is inevitable, at least to the extent that the type
has already been set on the wire stories that
affirm the triumph, regardless of what actually happens. We may as well resign
ourselves to never knowing what really happened once
the shooting starts. It's in the can. All we will know is what we will experience
directly in the form of repression and privation.

It ain't gonna be pretty.

The warehouse fire will not magically restore the bankrupt to prosperity. The task of
the anti-war movement will be to understand
and explain why the war itself was not the sole cause of the hardships -- to pin the
PNAC tail on the (emblematic) Enron donkey, so
to speak.

Tom Walker
604 255 4812