Michael Hoover:

What for? Professors are paid to do excellent research.
<<<>>>

whatever gave you above idea?

I have no idea. It just popped into my head like any other outrageous thought. In any case, here's what a friend of mine, who teaches at a funky NYC community college and who attended Domhoff's panel, had to say:

---

Good letter. I happen to have attended the panel at which he spoke, and no one in the audience or on the stage agreed with him. He's obviously become another complacent ex-Marxist academic sucking on the public tit (be it teaching at a state school or getting federal grants), teaching one or two
courses a year for a six figure salary, attracting good graduate students though his previously good name.