In Johannesburg, we drink water tainted by WB-supported corruption,
which included a false promise to fund the investigation and
prosecution into Lesotho Highlands Water Project dam-related bribery.
A couple of years ago, the Bank even gave a green light to more work
by Acres Int'l and Lahmeyer -- two big construction companies since
convicted of bribery -- and at least ten others (including the biggie,
ABB) are up for prosecution in coming weeks and months. So instead of
debarring, the Bank actively sabotaged the attempts to stop the
bribery on Africa's largest single project. You can imagine how
incredibly difficult it will be when the WB is faced with pressure to
debar ABB, it's largest contractor.

This is yet another reason for us all to support this excellent
campaign: http://www.worldbankbboycott.org

If any of you have money in your academic pension fund routed through
TIAA-CREF, you'll be happy to know that last week, they officially rid
themselves of the last WB bonds on their books. If that is your money
they were investing in the Bank, you can proudly say that you no
longer profit from global apartheid via the World Bank.

> Does anybody know if the WB publishes the blacklisted corporations?
The
> list is only "...nearly 100 companies and individuals .. "
Pathetically