Michael Perelman wrote:

I have a sense that we tend to discuss radical economic strategy for other
countries -- and probably for our own -- with a tone that sounds like
books that tell people how to raise children or win the affection of
others.

Aren't radical economists supposed to have the expertise to do that? People look to us, man. I don't have a lot of answers, and it often embarrasses me. We can affect a certain modesty - it's not for us to prescribe, we should listen to the people - and while there's a certain truth to that, it's also a lot of buck-passing.

Doug