of course, it's not really Labor Day today. That's on May 1.
Jim

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Mike Ballard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Mon 9/1/2003 12:52 PM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: Re: [PEN-L] labor stats.

        The workers of the world are ruled and fooled by
        shysters and, it would seem from this information,
        American workers are the biggest fools of all.  Ah but
        that's the wages system for you.  A fair day's wage,
        indeed.  Where does the wealth and (by extension)
        political power go when workers go home from their
        places of employment?

        (This is NOT a Zen koan.)

        To Capital's control, of course........sure they get
        some of it to grow out of the barrels of their hired
        guns.  I mean, what are States for anyway.

        For the works!

        Mike B)

        training.

        =====