In a message dated 9/12/03 12:01:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>....  It is essential to demonstrate to Muslims everywhere that the
>United States....yada yada

The racist Ms. Feinstein puts the problem, unwittingly, in a nutshell.

Dan Scanlan
Grass Valley CA

Personally, I do not consider Ms. Feinstein so much a "racist" as imperial in her attitude and politics. Then again, we are the most imperial of all imperial centers - countries on earth and so is our working class. This logic of history does not stop our working class from being a working class and suffering the consequence of capital.

Building a national political alternative is difficult painstaking work. Various small groupings and individuals are laboring in this direction. In our history bloody Kansas birthed the Republican Party. The battle cry has yet to emerge. It will emerge from the blood and we of course will rise to the occasion.

Keep writing letters and doing whatever is in front of you.

Peace.

Melvin P.