John Harvey asked me to post this.

ICAPE BBS

Dear Colleague,

ICAPE (the International Confederation of Associations for Pluralism in Economics) now sponsors a BBS, and you're invited!  At best, I hope to see it become a place for conversation among the various approaches to economics.  At the worst, it's a repository for calls for papers, job announcements, etc. (there are already many listed).  It's cheap to run, so any benefit to you is a net gain!  Also, joining a BBS adds nothing to your e-mail--you only see it if you decide to check the web page.

You need not join the BBS in order to read it, but you must to post.  If there's something you'd like to post but would rather not join, simply mail it to me and I'll take care of it.

If you do decide to sign up, the instructions for accessing the forum can be found on the ICAPE web page:

www.icape.org    (look for the menu choice: "The ICAPE BBS/Forum")

Follow those instructions carefully and you shouldn't have any trouble registering.  If you do, please let me know.

Once you are on, please make your first stop the "BBS Announcements" forum, where the guidelines for the BBS are posted.  As time passes I will add and subtract sections of the board based on your comments, and I may solicit help--I know from experience that running a BBS can be very time consuming!

Please make use of this resource and feel free to suggest other ways to use it!

John

P.S. For those of you completely unfamiliar with BBS's, there is a small "help" link at the top of our BBS in addition to the info offered in my guidelines under the "BBS Announcements" forum.

John T. Harvey
Professor of Economics
Department of Economics
Texas Christian University