>JKS writes:>I'd be proud to defend the First
>Amendment ina NAzi case too.<
>
>if the gov't cracks down on the Nazis, they crack down on
>the Left, too, most often in a bigger way. A first
>amendment defense of the Nazis is indirectly
>defending the Left.

Elementary, my dear Mr. Devine. :)

You know, FDR packed the Supreme Court down there and that was a huge
influence felt in the social fabric of US lives for decades... an
influence which is now waning.

But all that "free speech" stuff, and the finding of a right to privacy
"in the penumbra" of other rights... leading to Roe v Wade... that came
through those hired-guns from the FDR and Brandeis-Holmes era.

You should definitely support your local loon Nazi's right to smoke
tobacco.

Ken.

--
The Olden Days, alas, are turned to clay.
          -- Ishtar, at the Deluge