I wrote:

"By multiplying my 1:29 ratio by the world population, I arrive at the
estimate that the total number of crime victim reports in 1997 in the whole
world must have been 170 billion in round figures. Just imagine that eh. 170
billion crimes a year in the whole world. Hell, crime is as common as a
packet of Malboro's."

In case you didn't get it, one ought not to multiply the total number of the
world population by 29, but divide total by 29, and then you arrive at a
figure of 200 million crime victim reports in the world for 1997. Still,
crime is as common as a packet of Malboro's.

J.