Hi Shane,

I agree it is not a correct translation, but literally it would be "the
heart has its reasons which reason knows not at all". The question that then
arises is why or how is it possible that reason cannot know this ? This is
the mystique.

"Since our rational faculties can never "understand" what is completely
unknown to them."

Well, a colleague statistician once told me "I love my girlfriend, but it is
not rational", but he was a liar and his incongruent behaviour clearly
showed this as well. I had inadvertently wandered into a den of frauds and
whores posing as scientific researchers.

In reality, love is partly rational and partly irrational, but the knowledge
that this is so can also be exploited.

J.