This of course means there are probably times when I am not part of the solution. There are times on the dance floor where I have stepped on my partners feet, but very few times when they have stepped on my feet. I wonder why that is?

I asked my wife and she said something about "trying to lead." :-(

Ah, but as my tango teacher put it: "In the home, the woman rules; but
on the dance floor, it's the man."

If, on the dance floor, the woman slips out of her a zen-like state of
presentness (does not follow), then she will get her feet stepped on. I
support the practice of men leading -- on the dance floor. Anywhere
else, cooperation and reciprocity is best.

Joanna