Jim wrote:

the differential rate of exploitation "divides and conquers" the working
class (either domestically or internationally or both) and all else equal,
raises the over-all rate of exploitation. Similarly, the weaker the working
class in terms of organization and consciousness, the less able to fight
differential exploitation.

I think you need to explain how that works (maybe no time).

Putting these together, we get a vicious circle. It seems like we're in that
vicious circle nowadays.

That doesn't sound like Marx... Marx would say that we go round in circles
because we cannot understand the real contradictions characteristic of the
epoch.

J.