Just came back from a conference in Turkey and heard the sad news (two
weeks before my short course on reading the TCD, Sweezy's classic). I
had great memories of him both here in the US and also in Turkey, when I
invited him to give a talk in 1994 --he was extremely touched by the
standing ovation of more than 700 people as he entered the hall.

Here are the text of the 1986-interview I (and my friend Sungur Savran)
did with Paul and a photo of Paul and myself editing the interview in
the MR office in NYC:

http://www.simons-rock.edu/~eatonak/sweezyinterview.html

He was a beautiful human being. I mourn his death.

E. Ahmet Tonak
Simon’s Rock College of Bard
Great Barrington, MA 01230

Phone: 413-528 7488