Yeah, these innocent Disney flicks will do it every time. I loathed Lion
King.

Joanna

Max B. Sawicky wrote:

I was in front of my PC with my daughter in the next
room watching Bambi.  At one point she started screaming,
"Kill Bambi kill!!"

mbs

Just recently I sat with my ten year old and watched an old Swedish film "My Life as a Dog," a great movie that tells the story of a boy whose mother is dying of TB and who is farmed out to various relatives. My daughter loved the movie (despite the subtitles), wished it could go on for ever, and watched it a few more times in the following days.

It's strange that one of the most gruesome (almost pornographic)
maternal deaths on film:
that of Bambi's mother, is not only a piece of movie-making that every
kid winds up
watching, but a made-for-kids Disney package. Maybe it's not so strange.
I think a lot
of Disney films are loathsome.

Joanna