Joel Wendland wrote:
Sounds like Lenin had an ABC (anybody but Churchill) policy in 1920 that
roughly parallels current ABB arguments. Now if we compare this to the words
you quoted him saying in 1912, can we conclude that like Doug Ireland, et al
who refuse to support Nader this time, Lenin abandoned a more advanced
position under the political pressure? Is Doug Ireland (and others) a
Marxist-Leninist?

Joel Wendland
http://www.politicalaffairs.net

Thanks for helping to make concrete how CP'ers approach these questions. There are class differences between Social Democratic Parties on one hand and the Democratic Party in the USA. Lenin advocated a united front between the Communists and the Social Democrats on a class basis. The Democratic Party is not only a bourgeois party; it is a party that has its roots in American slavery and only renounced Jim Crow relatively late in the game. It also has the blood of Hiroshima, Vietnam and countless other 3rd world countries on its hands. I could go on at greater length, but you get the idea.

Louis Proyect Marxism list: www.marxmail.org