Max B. Sawicky wrote:

My gripe about this teensy memo is that 4.1 is couched in
terms of being a structural goal requiring supply-side
improvements in the tax code, rather than something accessible
with fiscal policy.  Not coincidentally, Kerry has no fiscal
policy and is mouthing anti-deficit rhetoric.

I really don't look forward to spending the rest of what
passes for my professional life doing shovel-duty behind
the Clinton/Rubin circus elephants in the DP parade.

Max, Clinton brought the federal budget into surplus, and unemployment hit a generation low. Doesn't that make it harder to argue that the two goals are incompatible?

Doug